ROCKY MOUNTAIN TURF CLUB INC.
HORSEMEN TRACK AND RACING POLICIES 2018
RACE DATES 2018, 41 DAYS + 1 MILLARVILLE DAY
CONDITIONS FOR JUNE 15TH, 16TH AND 17TH, 2018
CONDITION NOTE FOR JUNE 15TH, 16TH AND 17TH, 2018
CONDITIONS FOR JUNE 22ND, 23RD AND 24TH, 2018
CONDITION NOTE FOR JUNE 22ND, 23RD AND 24TH, 2018
2018 SPRING STAKES SCHEDULE
2018 THOROUGHBRED STAKES PREFERENCES
JUNE 2018 SIMULCAST CALENDAR
FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURE 2018
WAIVER CLAIMING 2017
PREFERENCE DATE SYSTEM
Entry Date Preference: For Horses that have entered and did not get to run, must enter back for the same condition, excluding distance.
Oldest date preferred.
Running date Preference: Good for The Spring/Fall Meet.
Oldest date preferred.
Spring preferences for entry and running dates do not carry over to the From the Spring to Fall Meet.
When an entry date and running date are the same, the entry date has the preference.
Please note: S1 (Sub 1) race in the condition book is not
the same as X1 (Extra 1)
When entering a stakes race these preferences may not apply. Check with the race office for stakes preferences.
No horses will be transferred to an alternate race unless the Original race is called off.
Equipment changes must be noted on entry & approved by stewards.
MILLARVILLE CONDITIONS, JULY 1ST 2017
Entries for Millarville are Monday June 26 at 8:30am entries close by 10:00am and Draws
By 10:30am Monday June 26.
Please enter early.
MILLARVILLE PREFERENCES, JULY 1ST 2017
2017 PAINT PROGRAM
TRACK POLICIES I
- No horse will be eligible to be entered: Unless the original registration papers & coggins are on file with the Race Secretary at the time of entry.
- Horses entered which do not get an opportunity to run will receive an entry date corresponding to the date on which they are entered.
- Horses that run will receive a running date corresponding to the date that they run and lose the date previously held
- In all cases the oldest date will take preference. When an entry date and a running date are the same, the entry date has preference. Entry dates are only good when entering back for the same class e.g. claiming price or allowance
- Horses named in the body of the race that scratch must re-enter to establish a date unless otherwise specified by the Stewards. This also applies to horses provided an opportunity to start, except when scratched from “Paddock to Post” and such scratch was caused entirely by the actions of another horse.
- Scratched today horses entering back the same day will not receive any entry date.
- A change of ownership or trainer of a horse shall not effect the preference date of such horse. (Transfer of ownership or trainer must be approved by the stewards prior to entry). Horse papers must not leave the office to retain the preference date.
- Claiming Track Policy a horse that is claimed at RMTC during the Meet, horse registration papers will not be released until the end of that meet in which the horse was claimed.
- Registration Papers that are removed from the race office for any reason will loose their preference date and re-enter to establish a date.
- When entering a Stake the preference date system shall not be applied.
- Any other incident not specifically covered by this directive or any other matter involving the above will be determined by the Stewards.
- It is the trainers responsibility to check Horse Lists (e.g. Vet, Starters, Paddock, Stewards, Bleeders lists) to see if your horse is on the list before entering. Horses on the bleeders list must have the vet. Take the horse off the bleeders list after the designated number of days.
PLEASE PICK UP GARBAGE ON THE GROUNDS EVEN IF IT IS NOT YOURS. THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
See race office for all policies and regulations.
TRACK POLICIES II
- Any horse that is a vet scratch will not be able to enter back for at least 48 hours from the date they were to run and will have to re-establish a date and only when the official veterinarian has removed the horse from the list.
- Horses that are a Steward or a Gate scratch will be place on the appropriate list and will not be able to reenter until they have been removed from the list and re-establish a date, except when the scratch was caused entirely by the actions of another horse.
- The Trainer, or authorized entry agent is responsible that the horse they enter meets the requirements of the condition and the preference date. (Correct spelling and correct owners of their horses).
- If a trainer enters 2 horses in the same race the horse with the best date will be the preferred horse. Trainers must declare a double entry in a race. See HRA Racing Rule 60.
- Time of entry payments for stakes races or nomination fees must Be paid at time of entry or by nomination date.
- Horses that have not run in 2015 must have a work in 2016 by RMTC gate approver or an approved gate slip from another track (slip must be approved by RMTC). Horses that were gate okayed to run In 2015 but did not start in 2015 must work from the gate as per the Gate approver or HRA official, before entering.
- PLEASE NOTE: NEW POLICY – HORSES THAT HAVE NEVER RUN 5 FURLONGS OR FARTHER MUST HAVE A 4 FURLONG WORK ON A TRACK 5 FURLONGS OR 4 FURLONGS. ANDY WORK ON A BIGGER TRACK MUST WORK AROUND 2 TURNS AND BE APPROVED BY RMTC GATE APPROVER, STARTER OR HRA OFFICIAL. Horses that have not run 660 yards or 3 Furlongs, or longer ever must have a 3 furlong work around the turn.
- Horses that have not run 660 yards or 3 Furlongs, or longer ever must have a 3 furlong work around the turn. Horses that have never run 5 furlongs or farther must have a 4 Furlong work ( work around 2 turns) and approved by RMTC gate approver, starter or HRA official, before entering. *****
- During races if you are heading and ponying the same race your Pony must have a rider on or held by a person while you head the race.
- Track is closed weekdays at 11:45p.m. (unless otherwise posted). On Saturdays, Sundays & holiday Mondays at 9:30a.m. SHARP.
- The gate will be set on the track on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00a.m. to 10:30a.m. (Check to confirm theses days). These times could change due to bad weather or track maintenance. This will be for standing only, do not spring this gate.
- A trainer shall have his/her horse in the paddock on time. (Calls over the PA System are a courtesy and do not relieve the trainers of their Responsibility to have their horse in the paddock on time). It is the trainer’s responsibility to have a header at the gate for their horse. $50.00 will be charged if there is no header for their horse.
- On Race days the grooming equipment has the right of way, horses stay to the opposite side of the track from grooming equipment. If this becomes a problem we may consider that horses have to go to the paddock on the outside fens.
- When parking all horse trailers by jockeys quarters park them Close together next to the last one parked do not start a new row Space is limited please park close together or you could be asked to move. During training and Race times no vehicles are to park on the roadways in the barn area. No loading or unloading of horses during these times.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING IN THE EXHIBITION PARKING LOT NORTH OF BARN 1 AND THE WEST END OF THE RACE TRACK. PARK CLOSE TO BULLYS PARKING LOT. THE EXHIBITION WILL HAVE VEHICLES TOWED AT THE OWNERS EXPENSE.
- Horsemen parked in the trailer park check with the race office for policies Parking fees and before you park trailers. Please walk in the backstretch.
Ramiro Sanchez Castillo (need to contact directly)
Adrian Gonzalez (may not be here first weekend)
Please note: If you go to the test barn after the race you must take your own water pail to the test barn for your horse
NOTE; ALL STALLS MUST BE CLEANED OUT as well as tack rooms; WHEN LEAVING INCLUDING SHIPIN STALLS. Cleaning Fees will apply.
RACE TRACK INFORMATION AND CONTACT
Jim Ralph Race Secretary
Telephone: (403) 380-1900
Fax: (403) 380-1909
Rocky Mountain Turf Club
Att: Race Office
Box 22020 Henderson Lake P.O. Stn.
Rocky Mountain Turf Club
Grandstand Building Bullys
Attention: Race Office
3401 Parkside Drive South
Phone: (403) 380-1900
Holiday Mondays 1:15p.m.
Alberta Community Thoroughbred Racing Assoc.
(ACTRA) Phone: (403) 327-7487
Alberta Quarter Horse Racing Assoc.
AQHRA Phone 403-381-8167
**All races 5 ½ Furlongs or shorter will be written as a mixed race. All races longer than 5 ½ Furlongs will be written as Thoroughbred races.
**(except for TB Stake races these are TB only)
- Stalls are cleaned included ship ins.
- Garbage & old hay thrown out in Blue dumpsters not left in barn area
- Only trainers vehicles in the barn area
- No parking in front of barn doors, fire Hydrants, dumpsters or on road ways.
- Campground trainers walk to barns when possible.
- No garbage, bags or strings etc in manure piles as the farmers will refuse to take the manure.
OVERNITES AND CONDITIONS WILL BE AVAILALE ON EQUIBASE WEBSITE
Then Select Horsemen’s Information half way down on the left side
Then select Overnights or Condition Books then select Track – Lethbridge
NOTICE TO HORSEMEN
WHEN SHIPPING OUT ALL STALLS MUST BE CLEANED OUT COMPLETELY AND MANURE IN MANURE PILES.
ALL GARBAGE & HAY MUST BE REMOVED AND PUT IN DUMSTERS NOT IN THE MANURE PILES.
CAMPGROUND SPOTS MUST BE COMPLETELY CLEANED.
CLEANING FEES WILL APPLY IF STALLS OR CAMPGROUND SPOTS ARE NOT CLEANED.
ALL TACK MUST BE REMOVED FROM TACK STALLS WHEN SHIPPING OUT.
SHAVINGS BAGS OR PEAT MOSS BAGS ARE THE ONLY BEDDING ALLOWED.
NOT STRAW OR NOT BULK SHAVINGS.
STALLS NOT CLEANED OR STALLS THAT ARE WRECKED WILL BE
THE TRAINERS RESPONSIBILITY AS A FEE WILL BE CHARGED.
WHEN SHIPPING OUT:
For general requests and information, please send us a message below.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN TURF CLUB
Departments & Key Contacts